Originally designed to be four levels in 1928 for the owner at that time, Church property trustees, whilst under construction by P Graham & Sons in 1930 the great depression hit the world and at that time it was decided to stop at two levels with the option to go higher later. KPI Rothschild purchased the building in 2002 and occupied part of the first floor as their offices, the 2011 earthquake deemed the building a total loss by the insurers. Given the history and after losing so many other buildings, KPI decided to repair the building to 100% NBS and refurbish the entire property which at one stage of the project was a concrete shell.
Today the building is fully restored and sits in pride of place opposite the growing East frame, the ground floor has three hospitality offerings and the first floor has five office units.
- Shaun Stockman