Year of Construction: 1905
The Duncan’s Buildings rated as a category two historic and heritage group of buildings. KPI Rothschild owned two of the group, which had been fully restored, including handcrafted replicas of the original shop fronts.
The shops were high-end retail on the ground floor, with the original Groovy Glasses as one of the occupants. On level one there was a north-facing office block which was restored with original features, polished timber floors and exposed brick walls.
The building was damaged beyond economic repair in the February 2011 earthquakes.